Ingredients - Mafroukeh:
- 4 cups of Fark Al Knefeh (very difficult to make at home, available at Lebanese grocery stores)
- 1 cup samneh
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 cup pealed and fried almond
- 1/4 cup pealed and fried pistachio
- 1/4 cup pealed and fried pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup
- 2 tbsp. rose water
- 1 tbsp. orange blossom water
Preparation - Mafroukeh:
1 Mix "Fark Al Knefeh" with the samneh over low heat until the mix turns yellow, then turn the heat up to medium until it gets brown.
2 Add the sugar powder, and continue to stir for 10 minutes.
3 Now add the sugar syrup, rose water and orange blossom water. Leave on medium heat for 5 minutes or until the mix turns dark brown.
4 To serve, put in plate, cover with kashta and the fried nuts.