Try this delicious coffee cheesecake recipe! enjoy it.
Makes 10-12 slices
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 packcage 8oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg + 3 large egg whites at room temprature
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried coffee granules dissolved in 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit degree. Butter a 10-inch springform pan. Mix the crumbs, sugar and egg white in a large bowl. Press into the bottom and partway up the sides of the prepare pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Filling: Reduce the oven temprature to 300 Fahrenheit degree. Stir together the sugar, flour and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Process the ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the cream cheese, whole egg and 1 egg white with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. With mixer at low speed gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- With mixer at low speed, beat the in the coffee mixture, sour cream and vanilla. With mixer at medium speed, beat the remaining 2 egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy.
- With mixer at high speed, beat the 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form. Use a large rubber spatula to fold them into cheese mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until set. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Refrigerate for 60-70 minutes or until set. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Loosen and remove the pan sides to serve.