Ingredients - Kibbe Nayeh:
- 600g mutton leg
- 1 big cup of bourghoul (ground wheat)
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Wash the bourghoul well by rinsing it in a deep dish so that the scraps float and are evacuated with the water.
- Cover the bourghoul with water and let it soak for half an hour. In the meanwhile, very finely chop the meat and onion together -- they must take the consistency of a dough. Add salt and pepper. Press the bourghoul between your hands to squeeze out the water and add it to the meat and onion. Knead at length with the palm of the hand, often dipping your fingers in cold water.
- Spread in a dish, not too thickly. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and store about 15 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Serve with olive oil on the side for the guests to pour on their plate if they wish.