Great fish Kibbe recipe. It's Lebanese appetizer dish.
- 1 lb. fish steak
- 2 c cracked wheat (very fine)
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 c fresh chopped parsley
- 1 T dried coriander
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 onions
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 2 sliced onions
- Wash cracked wheat until water is clear and, then, squeeze excess water with your hands. Mix with raw fish, grind in meat grinder with dried coriander, 2 onions, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In frying pan, fry diced onions and pine nuts in olive oil until onions are limp.
- Grease baking dish with olive oil. Then, make a layer of onion and pine nut filling. Cover mixture with fish mixture. Flatten to make a smooth layer and top with 3 T of olive oil. Bake in a mod. Oven – 350 degrees – until brown – about 30 minutes.
- Invert on to platter, the onion mixture will be on top.