Sayadieh (Fish with Rice) is a delicious and robust lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Palestinian, and Jordanian style fish dish. Any firm, white fish, such as haddock or cod, can be used in this recipe.
- 2 tbsp. oil, for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 cups American rice, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. mixed spices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes(dissolved in 3 cups of hot water)
- 4 white fish fillets (Cod or Haddock)
- 3 tbsp. seasoned flour to coat the fish
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the pine nuts till brown. Remove nuts from the oil and keep aside.
- Add the onions to the same pan and fry till brown.
- Add the rice, turmeric, spices, salt and pepper and stir till the rice is well-coated with oil.
- Add the MAGGI Chicken Stock, boil and then lower the heat. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the fish with the seasoned flour and deep fry.
- When the rice is cooked, add the pine nuts and stir gently.
- Empty the rice in a flat dish, and arrange the fish on top. Serve with mixed salad and Tarator (Tahini sauce).