Fig and Walnut jam
This Lebanese recipe is made with Sun dried figs. It has a different flavor than the fresh fig jam.
- 2 cups of chopped sun dried figs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 Tsb Sesame (roasted is recommended)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1tsp Anise
- Chop the dried figs and remove the stems.
- Place in medium pot and mix in the sugar.
- Add the water. you may add up to 1 cup of water, but you'll need to boil the mixture longer.
- Stir the mixture and once it starts boiling add the Walnuts
- Allow to boil on medium heat, then add the Sesame seeds.
- Add the ground Anise and stir it well with the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to thicken and then add the Lemon.
- Leave on low heat for at least 10 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Pour in jars.