Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
Yummy summer dish of Grilled Chicken on Mixed Greens with Mango Salsa, it's great to be served at picnics. I think everyone will ask you about the recipe. The mango salsa is so good and versatile. You can serve it with any kind of meat and fish.
- 2 ripe mangoes, pitted, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds & ribs discarded, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds & ribs discarded, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds and ribs discarded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Lime wedges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- To make the salsa combine all ingredients and season with the salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Place chicken breasts in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Combine olive oil and next three ingredients; pour over chicken. Seal bag; marinate 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) in refrigerator. Drain and discard marinade (or reserve and boil to use as sauce).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, without grill lid, over medium heat (350 to 400 degrees F) 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with fresh lime wedges, topped with Mango Salsa, over a bed of mixed greens. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro, if desired.