Enjoy tuna recipe with Moroccan spices for a super fast meal.
- 20g pack coriander (leaves and stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp each paprika , ground cumin and chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 x 8oz/200g fresh tuna steaks, each about 2.5cm/1in thick
- Put the coriander, garlic, spices and lemon juice into a blender and blitz to a purée. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until you get a smooth, thick sauce. Set aside.
- Sit the tuna steaks in a non-metallic dish and cover with two-thirds of the sauce. Cover with cling film, then leave to marinate in the fridge for about 20 mins (or for up to 4 hrs).
- Heat a griddle pan or grill. Shake off any excess marinade, season the tuna steaks, then cook for 2-4 mins, depending on thickness for medium rare, turning once (cook 2 mins more for well done). Drizzle over the remaining sauce paste to finish. Try serving with new potatoes; for a Moroccan twist, toss melted butter, harissa spice mix and chopped coriander leaves through the potatoes.