- 4¼ cups plain flour or 600 g
- 4½ cups water or 1125 ml
- ½ teaspoon saffron filaments
- ¾ cup sugar or 150 g
- ¾ tablespoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- ½ cup butter or 100 g
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
- Sift the flour and add it to a large saucepan placed over medium heat. Toss flour and stir continuously until golden brown. Remove from heat and sift again.
- Add water, saffron, sugar, cardamom, rose water, desiccated coconut and half the quantity of butter to a large saucepan. Bring ingredients to boil.
- Add the toasted flour gradually to the water while stirring continuously.
- Add remaining butter, and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on very low heat for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature with coffee.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them
an email or save this to your favorite social network.