- 6 cups water or 1½ liters
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tomato or 150 g, peeled and chopped
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 loaves lahouh bread, cut into medium pieces
- 1 teaspoon habashi chili powder, (besbas habashi)
- In a large saucepan, add water, spices, tomato, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and ghee. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Put the Yemeni rock pan over high heat until is very hot. Add in the bread and pour over the prepared stock. Stir bread with the stock until the bread absorbed as much as possible from the stock.
- Sprinkle red habashi chili powder on top. Serve immediately.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.