Middle Eastern pomegranate molasses gives this salad a delicious tang.
Easy - Serves 8 - Prep 10 mins - Cook 30 mins - Vegetarian
- Gluten-free - Egg-free - Nut-free
- 2 red peppers
- 3 medium aubergines , cut into chunks, or 15 small, halved
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- tsp cinnamon
- 200g green beans , blanched (use frozen if you can)
- 1 small red onion , sliced into half moons
- 200g feta cheese , drained and crumbled
- seeds 1 pomegranate
- handful parsley , roughly chopped
- * 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- * 1 tbsp lemon juice
- * 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- * 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the grill to its highest setting. Cut the peppers into quarters, then place them, skin-side up, on a baking sheet. Grill until blackened. Place in a plastic bag, seal, then leave for 5 mins. When cool enough to handle, scrape skins off, discard, then set the peppers aside.
- Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cinnamon, then season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and softened - about 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. To serve, place the aubergines, green beans, onion and peppers on a large serving plate. Scatter with the feta and pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing over, then finish with the parsley.
258 kcalories, protein 6g, carbohydrate 12g, fat 21 g, saturated fat 5g, fibre 0g, salt 0.94 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, November 2008.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.