Rice with Tomato
Try the Arabian gulf cuisine with an easy recipe to prepare Rice with Tomato main dish.
Ingredients - Serves 6 Persons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or ghee
- 2 medium onions or 300 g, finely chopped
- 4 small tomatoes or 400 g, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, dried
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cups basmati rice or 600 g
- 5 cups water or 1250 ml
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onions for 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, bay leave, cardamom pods, coriander seeds, black pepper, garlic gloves, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, and Basmati rice. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour water and cover the pot. Cook rice for 20 minutes or until it is well done.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.