Lebanese Lentil Soup - Lebanese Lentil Soup Recipe
Amazing and healthy recipe for Lebanese lentil soup. If you like lentil and Lebanese cooking, this recipe is for you. It contains onions, garlic, spinach, cinnamon...it's yummy.
Ingredients - Serves 8 -10
1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
12 cloves garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
2 large onions, chopped fine
1 lb lentils, washed and drained
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
12 cups water
1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
2 medium potatoes, cubed
6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place cilantro in a food processor with garlic, 3 Tbsps olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Process until mixture forms a paste.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onions in 1/4 cup of olive oil until light brown.
- Add lentils and mix.
- Cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add cinnamon and water.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to medium, add remaining salt, spinach, potatoes and cilantro paste.
- and cook, uncovered, on low heat until lentils are creamy.
- Add lemon juice and continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- (Total cooking time about 1 1/2 hours.) This soup can be served cold, warm or hot.
Lebanese Lentil Soup
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.