Recipe for yalanji (Stuffed Vine Leaves) - learn how to make delicious yalanji and bring the taste of middle eastern cuisine to your kitchen. Yummy Lebanese side dish!!
- 500g vine leaves fresh or (a packet of vine leaves kept in salted wter)
- 1 1/2 cup rice washed
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 4 small tomatoes chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped with their greens
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 potatoes sliced
- salt & pepper
- Dip the vine leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, remove and put aside. Then, mix the rice with the herbs, onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Open the vine leaves on a board one at a time. Put 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each, fold in 2 sides then roll as a small cigar. Repeat until finish all the leaves or the stuffing.
- Place the sliced potatoes in the bottom of a saucepan, then put the stuffed leaves on top, cover with water. Use a plate to fit inside the saucepan as a lid, to stop the vine leaves from opening. Cook on slow heat for about 1 hour when the leaves are well cooked. Serve cold.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.