The Lebanese Recipes blog invites you to try an easy recipe for Iraqi Dolma. Enjoy traditional Iraqi cooking and learn how to make best dolma dish.
2 medium onions or 300 g, cut into thin slices
4 small eggplants or 300 g
4 small zucchini or 400 g
4 small potatoes or 400 g
4 small green bell peppers or 300 g
For the stuffing:
250 g lean minced lamb
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small onion or 100 g, finely chopped
½ cup egyptian rice or 100 g
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon, crumbled
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon tamarind
1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon
1½ cups boiling water or 375 ml
- Spread the sliced onions in the base of a large pot.
- Wash and hollow eggplants, zucchinis, potatoes and bell peppers. Place them in a bowl with water to prevent changing their color.
- Combine minced lamb, garlic, onion, rice, cumin, black pepper, parsley and MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cube.
- Drain hollowed vegetables from water then stuff them with meat mixture. Arrange them over onion slices in the pot.
- Dissolve Tamarind and MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cube in hot water. Pour stock over the vegetables.
- Bring to boil, cover and cook over low heat for 35 minutes or until the vegetables and rice are cooked.
- Place the vegetables on a large serving dish, add sauce and serve.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.