Roast vegetable quiche recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Roast vegetable quiche recipe. Enjoy Christmas cooking recipes and learn how to make Roast vegetable quiche.
A Meat-free Monday delight: this eggcellent quiche will tart up your Christmas meal, plus it's everything it's cracked up to be!
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cubed
1 small red capsicum, thickly sliced
1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
Olive oil cooking spray
1/2 quantity Basic egg mix (see recipe below)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place baking tray on top shelf of oven. Line another baking tray with baking paper.
2. Use pastry to line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base), loose-based fluted tart pan. Prick base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on lower shelf of oven. Place tart pan on hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and vegetables are just tender. Remove tart pan and vegetables from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
4. Make egg mix. Arrange vegetables in pastry case. Pour over egg mix. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and just set. Top with coriander. Serve.
- Freezing pastry in the tin removes the need for 'blind baking' with baking paper and weights or uncooked rice.
- If using non-stick pan or tin, there is no need to grease before adding pastry.
- Stand quiche for 5 minutes before serving.
Super Food Ideas - September 2009, Page 44
Recipe by Claire Brookman
Basic Egg Mix
Ingredients (serves 6)
1/2 cup pure cream
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1. Place eggs, cream and cheese in a large jug. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
You could use milk instead of pure cream in the Basic egg mix.
More Christmas Recipes...
Potato & onion soup with sour cream
Chunky Vegetable Hummus Spread
Prosciutto-wrapped beef with pesto
Cranberry cheese cake
Save and share Roast vegetable quiche recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.