Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Moroccan chicken skewers recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Moroccan chicken skewers Recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Moroccan recipes and learn how to make Moroccan chicken skewers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
750g Lilydale chicken breast fillets, chopped
2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
1 cup couscous
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
150g chargrilled red capsicum, chopped
150g chargrilled eggplant, chopped
1/3 cup coriander leaves
olive oil cooking spray
1/3 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1. Place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle with seasoning and turn to coat. Thread chicken onto skewers.
2. Place stock in a saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add couscous. Stir with a fork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer couscous to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add capsicum, eggplant and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
4. Spray skewers with oil. Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Barbecue skewers for 3 minutes each side or until chicken is just cooked through.
5. Spoon couscous salad into bowls. Top with skewers and serve with yoghurt.
You will need 12 pre-soaked skewers
Placing a piece of non-stick (silicon) baking paper on a hot barbecue plate (not an open grill) prevents dairy, sugar and herb marinades burning. It also keeps the plate clean.
Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent them burning on the barbecue. Alternatively, use metal skewers - the square or twisted types will hold food better than round ones.
Super Food Ideas - November 2006, Page 24
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
More BBQ Recipes:
Grilled Moroccan Chicken
Moroccan Beef Kebab Skewers
Lebanese Lamb Kabobs
Lamb and Olive Skewers with Cucumber Salad
Moroccan Chicken Skewers with Herb Sauce
Moroccan Rub Lamb Chops
Save and share Moroccan chicken skewers recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.