Sunday, May 22, 2011
Summer Lamb Kabobs Recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Summer Lamb Kabobs recipe. Enjoy tasty Middle Eastern grilling recipes and learn how to make Summer Lamb Kabobs.
Lamb and garlic go so well together. In this recipe the combination of herbs and spices complement this meat and make a great family and friend favorite.
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 12 Min | Ready In: 8 Hrs 32 Min
5 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1 inch pieces
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 green bell peppers, cut into large chunks
1 (10 ounce) package whole fresh mushrooms
1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 onions, quartered
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and juice reserved
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1. Place lamb in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and garlic. Pour over lamb, and mix to coat meat. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat outdoor grill for direct heat.
4. Add marinated lamb, fruit, and vegetables to stainless steel or bamboo skewers. Reserve some of the juice from pineapple chunks and cherries.
5. In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and splashes of juice from the pineapples and cherries to create a basting sauce.
6. Place skewers on preheated grill, and cook about 12 minutes, turning and brushing with butter sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 406 | Total Fat: 30.3g | Cholesterol: 90mg
More kebab Recipes:
Marinated Lamb Kebabs with a Chile-Yogurt Sauce
Marinated Lamb Kebabs
Shish Kabob with Yogurt Sauce and Lemon-Olive Couscous
Lebanese Lamb Kabobs
Tandoori lamb kebabs
Chicken masala skewers
Save and share Summer Lamb Kabobs Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.