|Photo: Shrimps Makboos Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Shrimps Makboos Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Shrimps Makboos.
1 kilo shrimps peeled
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 Table spoon lemon juice
1 Table spoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 ½ cup onion, chopped
2 Table spoon vegetable oil
3 tea spoon mixed spice (coriander, cumin, cardamom, dry lemon)
1 Table spoon oil
3 cup basmati rice
2 whole dry lemons
2 cinnamon stick
10 black pepper seeds
¼ tea spoon turmeric
5 cup water
1 Table spoon rose water
4 egg boiled
Fresh coriander chopped
- Season shrimps with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Put onion in a pan over medium heat, stir then sprinkle with small amount of water, till soft.
- Add oil then spices powder, stir for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimps, fry from all sides.
- Add rice, dry lemon, cinnamon sticks, black pepper seeds, turmeric and water, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat, leave till fully cooked for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve saffron in rose water, Spread over Makboos, whish slightly.
- Decorate with boiled eggs slices and chopped coriander before serving.
By Chef osama
More from the Lebanese Recipes Blog:
Kuwaiti Stuffed Zucchini with Chicken Wings
Iraqi Style Dolma
Chicken and Eggplant
Chicken with saffron, honey and macadamias
Middle Eastern sticky lamb shank stew
Save and share Shrimps Makboos Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.