|Photo: Herbs and Grains Soup Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Herbs and Grains Soup Recipe. Enjoy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Herbs and Grains Soup.
½ Kilo ground meat
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsps chopped dill
Salt & pepper
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
½ cup soaked yellow lentil
½ cup soaked Egyptian rice
2 cup stock
1 Tbsp chopped mint
1 Tbsp chopped basil
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp chopped coriander
1 Tbsp chopped spinach
1 tsp saffron
½ cup yogurt
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp lemon juice
• Mix ground meat with lemon zests and dill. Season with salt & pepper then shape into small balls.
• Put meatballs in the oven pan. Leave in the oven until totally cooked.
• Heat oil in a pan then add onion and garlic then lentil and rice and stir.
• Add stock to the mixture until boiling then reduce the heat and simmer until cooked.
• Add the meatballs and the herbs. Leave until simmering.
• Mix yogurt with flour, stir.
• Melt saffron in a teaspoon hot water then put over the yogurt, then add the mixture to the stock until start simmering and getting thick.
• Serve hot with lemon juice.
More from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Lemon, lentil and spinach soup
Cold yogurt soup
Cream of pumpkin and honey soup
Lebanese Lentil Soup
Save and share Herbs and Grains Soup Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.