Header Ads

Garlic Dip

Garlic Dip

Recipe by by ninabaydoun

Garlic is one of the main ingredients in our kitchen,  we use it in a variety of recipes. And I think it is Chicken’s best friend. And the garlic dip is a must have  in any fridge especially to make those delicious sandwiches with boiled chicken and garlic dip, topped with pickles and then toasted.. It is simply delicious. But to make it properly you should have a food processor. I remember when I was in the States in 1990 with my husband and children, I wanted to make this garlic dip but didn’t have  a food processor at home, so I made it by hand using the pestle and mortar, and it took me about half an hour or more to finish it. The result was ok, but not as good as the one made with food processor. I also remember the pain I had  in my hand next day:).

Ingredients: 

25-30 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Preparation:

1. Place the garlic with salt in a food processor, use the metal blade and mix for about 2 minutes, taking care of pushing the sides always to the bottom to mix well

2. Add the oil in thin stream mixing always until it forms a white smooth paste

3. At the end add the lemon juice. You can keep in the fridge for one month

1 comment:

  1. Ça ressemble à du aioli espagnol, trop. Mais sans le citron.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Enjoy Middle Eastern and Lebanese Recipes! :)

Powered by Blogger.