The Lebanese way of preparing Beetroot and Tahinah Salad. In Lebanon it's called "Salatat Shamandar bil Tahinah".
Serves 10 persons
- lb (1kg) beetroot
- 1/2 cup Tahinah paste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Peel and dice the beetroot into small pieces.
- Wash and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and let simmer for 1/2 hour, covered.
- Marinate the chopped onions in lemon juice and salt.
- Beat the yoghurt and tahinah, add the lemon juice and onions and mix well.
- If mixture is thick, add 2 tablespoons water.
- Pour the tahinah mixture over the beetroot and stir well.
Beets and Olive Oil - "Shamandar b Zayt"
- 3 large cooked beets, diced
- ½ c diced onions
- ¼ c olive oil
- 1 t salt
- Peel and dice beets. Add onions, salt and olive oil.