An easy and delicious fruitcake recipe with apricot brandy and chopped candied fruits and spice cake mix.
- 1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 package (3 3/4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Glaze, optional
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot brandy
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot nectar, 1/4 cup apricot brandy, and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the chopped fruits and nuts. Turn batter into a generously greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. BAke at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly. For best flavor, wrap and store in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons of apricot brandy with 1 cup confectioners' sugar; drizzle over fruitcake before serving, if desired.