Crisp Lebanese bread is the base for these cheesy and zesty fried eggs.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tsp almond dukkah
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 Lebanese bread
- 60g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbs shredded fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine dukkah and rind in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs, 1 at a time, into pan. Cook, tilting pan and spooning a little of the hot oil over yolks occasionally, for 5 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Use paper towel to wipe the pan to remove excess oil. Add 1 bread to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until warmed through. Transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Top the bread with eggs. Sprinkle with the dukkah mixture. Crumble over feta. Top with mint. Serve with lemon wedges.
Australian Good Taste - March 2008, Page 94