Greek Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe - How to Make Greek Stuffed Vine Leaves
The lebanese Recipes blog invites you to try an easy recipe for Greek Stuffed Vine Leaves. Enjoy middle eastern cooking and learn how to make delicious Greek Stuffed Vine Leaves.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion or 100 g, finely chopped
300 g minced lamb
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
¾ cup egyptian rice or 150 g
2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped
3 tablespoons pine seeds, roasted
¼ cup water or 60 ml
50 pieces vine leaves
1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, dissolved in 2 cups or 500 ml water
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté onions on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add lamb, garlic, black pepper and cook until no traces of pink color remain.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, rice, dill, parsley, mint, pine seeds and water. Stir for 2-3 minutes until rice absorbs the water. Place aside to cool.
- To stuff a grape leaf, place it on a working board with the dull side and the stem facing up. Place a teaspoon of the stuffing on the lower part of the leaf, fold the outside edges of the leaf towards the center and roll tightly into the shape of a finger.
- Line the bottom of a sauce pan with 2 layers of unstuffed leaves then place the rolled stuffed leaves above them alternating the direction of each layer.
- Add the dissolved MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes; add enough stock to just below top level of rolls. Press with plate and bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes until the leaves are tender and the rice is cooked.
- Serve warm, garnished with lemon slices and sprinkle generously with their sauce.
- Cooking tips : When using preserved leaves, soak in cold water for 30 minutes, replacing water several times to remove salt. If using fresh leaves, let stand in hot water for 10 minutes to soften.
Save and share Greek Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.