Mediterranean Eggs Recipe
Prep Time 5 min
Total Time 15 min
How would you like breakfast for dinner? Basil and tomato spark up this scramble for two.
1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
4 eggs or 1 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oil in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and basil. Cook about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until tomato is heated through.
2. Beat eggs thoroughly with fork or wire whisk; pour over tomato mixture.
3. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Light a few candles and pour your favorite sparkling beverage, then relax and enjoy!
- Bad basil day? Chopped marjoram or oregano leaves will do the trick.