Rice (Lebanese Method)
Wonderful Lebanese recipe for preparing rice, can be served with any stew.
- 1/2 cup vermicelli (broken up into 1-2 inch pieces or soup noodles)
- 1/4 cup butter (rendered - heat - pour off impurities)
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice - short grain is best (soak in hot water 1 hr. - drain)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- Brown vermicelli in butter in pan. Add drained rice. Stir over medium heat 1 minute.
- Stir in salt and water. Turn to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Wonderful served with any stew.