- 12 artichoke heads
- 400 g (14 oz) minced meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fried pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying meat and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped boiled carrots (optional)
- a dash of ground pepper
- a dash of ground allspice
- a dash of flour
- 2 cups water for cooking artichokes
1 Cover artichoke heads with water, flour and lemon juice. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove and fry in some butter. Place aside.
2 Fry onion until soft. Stir in meat, salt, and spice. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3 Remove meat from heat. Stir in carrots.
4 Distribute meat mixture over prepared artichokes. Place in a tray. Add water. Cover and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
5 Serve artichokes hot, garnished with pine nuts and accompanied by cooked rice, radishes and lemon.