Cooked Laban is used in various middle eastern recipes including Lebanese, Syrian, Lebanese, Palestinian, and Jordanian cooking such as Shish Barak (Meat patties with Yogurt) and Kousa Mahshi Bi Laban.
- 1 1/2 quarts Laban (yogurt)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place yogurt in a heavy saucepan.
- Blend beaten egg white into the yogurt.
- Add cornstarch & salt.
- Stir in the same direction until well blended.
- Place pan over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Heat until it starts to boil, always stir in the same direction (this is important).
- Lower heat and let it simmer 3-5 minutes until thick.