Cooking time: approx 40 minutes
- 1 whole fish, approx 2 lb (1kg)
- ½ cup olive or nut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup Tahini sauce without parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley and wedges of lemon to garnish
- Rub the fish with half the olive oil and bake in a moderate oven until cooked. The flesh should be white and flake apart easily under a fork.
- Fry onions lightly in the remainder of the oil, until transparent. Drain. Mix the onions into the Tahini Sauce, pour over the baked fish and bake for a further 10 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and wedges of lemon. Serve hot with Spicy Rice for Fish or cold with salads