Moroccan Spicy Bread
Try this spicy Moroccan Bread recipe. Surprise your friends on special occasions with this tasty Moroccan bread.
- 1½ cups tepid water
- 1¼ pounds white flour
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tsp sea-salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp oreganor
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 1 Tsp rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Put flour and yeast in a large bowl. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and oregano.
- Add water and knead well. Make sure that the dough becomes soft and firm, but not too sticky.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour then add the salt. Knead again and let dough rise for 40 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangle about 12 inches by 8 inches. Pour olive oil on the dough and carefully spread it over the dough. Then sprinkle on other spices and green onion.
- Roll up the dough into a long cylindrical shape.
- Slice the dough into 1¼ inch slices and put them in a greased baking tray with the toping pointing upward.
- Cover the slices and let them rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to and insert the baking tray into an oven preheated to 400° F. When the crust is golden-brown it's ready (about 25-30 minutes)