Nutritional Value of Fresh Figs
Given below is the amount of nutrients present in 100g of fresh figs.
- Carbohydrates - 19 g
- Sugars - 16 g
- Dietary Fiber - 3 g
- Fat - 0.3 g
- Protein - 0.8 g
- Vitamin B6 -110 mg
- Energy - 70 kcal / 310 kJ
Given below is the amount of nutrients present in 100g of dried figs.
- Carbohydrates - 64 g
- Sugars - 48 g
- Dietary Fiber -10 g
- Fat - 1 g
- Protein - 3 g
- Energy - 250 kcal / 1040 kJ
- The rich potassium content of figs helps to maintain the blood pressure of the body.
- Figs are rich in dietary fiber, which makes them very effective for weight management program.
- Even leaves of the fig plant have healing properties. Eating fig leaves helps diabetic patients reduce the amount of insulin intake.
- Consuming figs helps to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Calcium and potassium present in figs prevent bone thinning and help to promote bone density.
- Tryptophan, present in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleeping disorders like insomnia.
- Eating figs relieves fatigue and boosts memory power.
- Drinking fig juice helps to soothe irritated bronchial passages.
- Consumption of figs with milk cures illness like anemia.
- Due to their laxative effect, figs are helpful for treating chronic constipation.
- Daily consumption of soaked figs (2-3) is an effective remedy for curing hemorrhoids or piles.
- The soluble fiber, called pectin, in figs helps in reducing blood cholesterol.
- When applied on skin, baked figs can cure inflammations like abscesses and boils.
- Due to their high water content, mashed figs act as a very good skin cleanser and help in preventing and curing acnes and pimples.
- Figs are rich in calcium and are excellent calcium alternatives for people who are allergic to dairy products.
- Consuming figs also helps in aiding digestion and taming various stomach and bowel-related problems.
- The juice obtained from green figs is effective for softening and treating corns.
- Figs promote the overall well-being of an individual and are excellent aphrodisiacs.
- THE FIG: A FRUIT WHOSE PERFECTION HAS ONLY RECENTLY BEEN REVEALED: God Swears by the Fig and the Olive (Qur'an, 95:1)
… [H]ere is an opportunity to add a really healthy, high fiber food to your diet. Choosing figs and other high fiber foods more frequently means that you'll naturally choose potentially harmful foods less frequently-and this is great for your lifelong health.119