Cooking Time 12 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg potatoes, steamed
- 100g light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 4 x 200g Atlantic salmon fillets
- 1 tbs Moroccan seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 mins, then add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Transfer to a food processor with cooked potatoes, cream cheese and milk. Process until smooth and season to taste. Return to the saucepan and keep warm.
- Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ over a medium heat. Lightly sprinkle salmon fillets with seasoning. Spray with olive oil spray and cook for 3-4 mins on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Serve salmon on a bed of mashed potato and baby spinach leaves.
Hint: Delicious and versatile, cream cheese is available in reduced or full-fat versions as well as a range of flavours such as tomato & basil or chives & onion. Great for adding to jacket potatoes or use in toasted sandwiches.
Fresh Living - July 2005, Page 36
Recipe by Kim Meredith