Saturday, October 24, 2009
Lebanese Pizza - Manoushe zaatar recipe
Original & traditional Lebanese Pizza recipe - Manoushe/Mankoushe zaatar. Learn how to make Manoushe zaatar Pizza, famous Lebanese breakfast.
250 gr white flours
salt 20 gr yeast
2 tsp sugar
100 gr thyme ( zaatar )
50 gr sesame
1. Put the flour and the tsp salt into a bowl. Mix the yeast with the recession in the flour.then, add sugar and a little warm water. Knead it to change to a pre-daugh with the adition of flour if necessary. Keep it for 10 minutes after covering.
2. Add 2 tbsp oil and knead the dough well. Then mix it with warm water following instructions.The dough should not be wet and should not stick to the bowl. Roll into a ball and leave in a warm place for 1hr.
3. Mix all dough ingredients and work with your hands Untill you obtain a firm dough for the pizza. 8inches width OR Roll it to becomes a rounded flat piece with 1 cm as possible and make a border using your fingers.
4. Heat the oven to 200c.
5. put oil in a pan on a medium heat, roast the sesam, so that it becomes gold brown. Mix it with Thyme ( Zaatar ) and Olives oil .
6. Spread it all over the dough ( pizza bread ).
7. cook it in the the oven for 10-15 mins. Wait till the bread becomes golden brown. It can be served with cucumber,tomatoes, onions and sour pickles
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.