The Lebanese cookies recipe might be different from the "cookies" you are used to make. Seems like a bit of work, but they are yummy! Enjoy Lebanese Cookies.
Ingredients - Serves 36
1/3 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl, beat cooking oil and butter until blended; beat in sugar.
- Add orange juice, baking powder and baking soda, mix well.
- Gradually add flour to make a soft dough.
- With clean hands, shape dough into 2-inch ovals. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool about 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, honey and 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Dip the COOLED cookies into the warm syrup.
- Sprinkle immediately with the finely chopped walnuts.
- Return to wire rack to set.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.