Turkish Delight Pistachio - Turkish Delight with Pistachio
Delicious Turkish Delight with Pistachio truffles desserts. Turkish delight is the in-built surprise in these two-toned chocolate-covered gifts. Enjoy preparing this pistachio Turkish delight recipe. If you don't have a trip to Turkey, you can do it at home using your kitchen appliances.
Preparation Time 30 - 460 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
55g (1/3 cup) unsalted pistachio kernels
2 x 180g pkts Nestle Milky Bar, coarsely chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
100g Turkish delight, cut into 1cm pieces
2 tsp finely grated orange rind
1 x 375g pkt white chocolate melts
100g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
Pistachio kernels, extra, coarsely chopped, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the pistachio kernels on a baking tray. Bake for 4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Finely chop the pistachio.
- Place the Milky Bar and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Add the pistachio, Turkish delight and orange rind to the Milky Bar mixture, and stir until well combined. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the truffle mixture into balls and place on the prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use a truffle dipper or fork to dip 1 truffle in the melted chocolate to coat. Remove the truffle, tapping the dipper handle or fork gently on the edge of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate. Place on the prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining truffles and melted chocolate. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) and stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate just melts.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle a little of the dark chocolate over each truffle. Top with chopped pistachio to decorate. Place the truffles in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- To make grating easy, wrap a piece of non-stick baking paper around the grater to stop the orange rind from getting stuck in the holes.
- Freezing tip: At the end of step 4, place in an airtight container. Label, date and freeze for up to three months. Continue from step 5.
- These delicate bite-sized beauties need to be wrapped with care, so pop them in a gift box lined with soft white paper or doilies.
- Allow 20 minutes cooling, 6 hours chilling and 50 minutes setting time.
Good Taste - December 2007, Page 81
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
Save and share this Turkish Delight Pistachio recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.