10 Best Flavour Sensations for the Ice Cream Maker
Everyone loves ice cream, but not everyone makes their own ice cream, especially with the fuss and mess involved. However, with an ice cream maker any family or home ice cream connoisseur can become an expert in no time. With an ice cream maker, you can get creative with the flavours you know you’ll love and experiment with flavours you have never tried before.
Here is a list of the ten best flavours to try next time you get out your ice cream maker;
- Rocky Road Rocky Road is a flavour that is open to interpretation. Traditionally rocky road includes marshmallow, nuts and candied cherries. However, these days rocky road can mean any combination of flavours as long it includes nuts and marshmallow. You can use almonds or hazelnuts instead of peanuts. You can used flavoured marshmallow over the conventional vanilla. You keep the original ingredients and simply add things like coconut or Jaffa flavoured mallow, you could use a white or dark chocolate base instead of milk chocolate. You could berries instead of candied fruit, or mixed peel for a more mature pallet. As you can see, the possibilities are endless.
- Coffee You could be satisfied with a simple coffee flavoured ice cream but you could also get a little creative and do things like add some chocolate flavour to make mocha. Perhaps you could try adding traditional coffee flavours like hazelnut, caramel or toffee for a sweeter, more complex flavoured ice-cream. Or perhaps you could try experimenting with the strength of the coffee flavour and make something dark and strong, for mature tastes.
- The Usual Suspects It seems too easy to give chocolate, vanilla and strawberry three positions on the list, so we’ll count them as one. But you can definitely play around with these old favourites. You could have dark, milk or white chocolate, or a mixture of all three! You could include other berries in your with your strawberry or you could try using real vanilla bean to flavour your home made vanilla.
- Chocolate and friends Chocolate goes with so many other flavours, you could mix it with orange to make Jaffa, or mint to make choc mint, you can mix it up with coconut, or coffee or throw in some nuts for crunch.
- Honey, toffee and malt This combination of flavours might appear at your local gelataria and it is well worth trying it for yourself at home. It might sound too sweet, but with the right balance of honey, toffee and malt you can make a flavour that you will want to make again and again.
- Natural flavours Ingredients that we find in nature often make the most lovely flavoured ice creams such as honey, coconut, ginger, licorice or honeycomb.
- Nuts So many flavours of ice cream have come from the humble nut. There is hazelnut, almond, pecan, walnut and pistachio.
- Peanut Butter Do not underestimate the power of this simple sandwich spread. Peanut butter ice cream is a taste sensation that you will love. It can be mixed with chunky pieces of peanuts or perhaps with chocolate flavour or chocolate chips.
- Dessert Flavours There are some things in life that taste better in ice cream form, and desserts may just be one of those things. Imagine a cheesecake flavoured ice cream? Or better yet, a raspberry cheesecake ice cream, or blueberry cheesecake ice cream. Perhaps a pumpkin and maple syrup ice cream might make you think that all-american classic, pumpkin pie.
- Fruit Kiwi, mango, pineapple, rhubarb, banana, raspberry, any berry, orange. You get the idea. Blending these fruits with the creamy taste of ice cream will always end in a winning combination.
Top 5 Deep Fryers - 10 Best Foods for Deep Fryers - Top 5 Coffee Makers
Save and Share 10 Best Flavour Sensations for the Ice Cream Maker
Want to share this post with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.