Monday, November 22, 2010
Christmas brownies recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Christmas brownies Recipe. Enjoy Christmas desserts and learn how to make Christmas brownies.
School's out for the year, so get busy with the kids in the kitchen and make these tasty Christmas treats to give as gifts... or to eat for yourselves!
250g butter, chopped
250g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup white chocolate bits
icing sugar mixture, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 4cm-deep, 27cm x 17cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
2. Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth and melted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture. Beat to combine. Fold in flours.
4. Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries and white chocolate bits. Pour over remaining mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until just firm to touch (see note). Allow to cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
5. Lift brownie from pan. Cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar. Pack into boxes.
* Brownies are best kept in an airtight container in a cool place, or in the fridge if the weather is very hot. Brownies can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
* Make sure an adult checks whether brownie is firm to touch.
Super Food Ideas - December 2007, Page 46
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
Save and share Christmas brownies recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.