Friday, December 3, 2010
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Potato & onion soup with sour cream Recipe. Enjoy Christmas recipes collection and learn how to make Potato & onion soup with sour cream.
Warm up your festive affair with this easy creamy soup that can be whipped up the night before "Christmas".
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8)
1 tbs olive oil
4 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
500g Sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped (see note)
750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
250ml (1 cup) milk
125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
1 x 50g btl salmon caviar
Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the onion is soft but not coloured.
2. Add potato and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potato is very soft. Uncover. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, transfer half the potato mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
4. Stir in the milk. Place the soup over medium heat and stir until heated through.
5. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream, a teaspoonful of caviar and dill to serve.
If Sebago potatoes are unavailable, use Golden Delight potatoes.
Make it ahead: Either freeze ahead (see below) or prepare this recipe to the end of step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Ten minutes before serving, reheat the soup, then continue from step 4.
Freezing tip: Cool at the end of step 3. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat as above.
Good Taste - July 2009, Page 86
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
Save and share Potato & onion soup with sour cream recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.