We've got all your food moods covered with this easy-to-follow diet plan.
Breakfasts worth waking up for
- 1 cup of Bircher muesli with low-fat yoghurt topped with grated pear and blueberries.
- 1 sourdough rye toast topped with a two-egg mushroom omelette.
- 2 fruit toasts with 1 tablespoon of fig jam and 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese.
- 2 small buckwheat pancakes (pancake mixture available at your local health food store) with 2 tablespoons of sheep's yoghurt, 1 teaspoon of almond meal and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- 1 medium-sized savoury muffin and 1 glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice.
- 1 wholegrain English muffin with smoked salmon and low-fat cream cheese.
- 1 cup of freshly-stewed pear and apple with ½ a cup of plain low-fat yoghurt. Top with honey and cinnamon before eating.
- 1 cup of plain low-fat yoghurt with 1 teaspoon each of chopped prunes, dried apricots and almonds.
- 1 cup of porridge with 1 small sliced banana and honey.
- 2 slices of wholemeal toast with grilled tomato and lean ham off-the- bone. Season with lemon pepper.
- 1 serve of chunky tomato and bean soup with a grainy bread roll.
- 1 medium bowl of stir-fried tofu (100g) with Chinese vegetables and cooked buckwheat noodles.
- 2 cups of cooked penne pasta with ½ a cup of cooked chickpeas and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Top with finely chopped continental parsley and 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
- 100g of tuna (in spring water or brine) on warm rye toast (2 slices) spread with hummus. Top with grilled tomato.
- 1 lean grilled beef burger with tomato salsa and sliced roast potato. Serve with rocket, cucumber and low-fat dressing.
- 1 small baguette with lean roast lamb or pork (80g). Top with apple or cranberry sauce and 1 cup of roast vegetables.
- 1 pita wrap with warm roast turkey (100g), cranberry sauce and salad.
- 1 small serve of vegetarian lasagne (250g) with a fresh garden salad. Dress with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil.
- 1 medium bowl of miso soup with buckwheat noodles, broccoli and thin strips of chicken breast (100g).
- 1 lentil burger with 1 cup of grated beetroot and carrot. Top with ½ a cup of low-fat yoghurt dip.
- 1 medium bowl of cooked spaghetti with stir-fried prawns and ½ a cup of tomato-based sauce. Serve with a garden salad with low-fat dressing.
- 100g grilled or pan-fried kangaroo fillet on ½ a cup of mashed sweet potato with 2 tablespoons of gravy or steak sauce.
- 1 chicken burger with sweet chilli sauce (use your favourite burger recipe but substitute with chicken mince) on a wholegrain roll with salad.
- 1 medium bowl of a lean pork (80-100g) stir-fry with bok choy, snow peas and rice noodles.
- 2 cups of seafood risotto. Serve with a green salad.
- 150g of steamed fish with salsa (try a sweet one like mango).1 cup of steamed green beans and ½ a cup of cooked cous-cous.
- 100g of oven-baked lamb racks with wholegrain mustard. 1½ cups of roasted pumpkin, zucchini and eggplant.
- 1 large bowl of hearty minestrone soup. Serve with a toasted wholegrain English muffin.
- 80-100g of roast beef or lamb with steamed carrot, 1 small baked potato and 1 small cob of corn.
- 100-120g of tandoori chicken (use ready made paste available in supermarkets) with 1 cup of low-fat yoghurt and cucumber salad. Crushed garlic can be added to the yoghurt for added flavour. Serve with ½ a cup of steamed basmati rice.
- 1 toasted fruit bread with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese.
- 200g of natural low-fat yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of almond meal, 1 tablespoon of rolled oats and 2 chopped dried apricots.
- 1 cup of chopped banana, kiwi and strawberries with 2 tablespoons of low- fat custard.
- 1 thick slice of banana bread.
- 1 cup of sliced raw vegetables with 4 tablespoons of low-fat dip or hummus.
- 2 grainy crispbreads with sliced tomato and low-fat cheese.
- 1 small apple/oat muffin.
- 1½ glasses of a mango smoothie - use low-fat milk, canned mangoes (if not available fresh) and low-fat frozen yoghurt.
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread with one tablespoon of peanut butter.
- ½ cup rice pudding with 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds or hazelnuts and 1 tablespoon of sultanas.
- ½ English muffin with 1 tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese and a thin slice of smoked salmon.
- 1 cup of instant porridge with chopped dried apple and prunes.
- 1 oatmeal biscuit with a glass of low-fat milk.
- 1 wholegrain, oat-based muesli bar.
- 1 soy and linseed rice cake spread with ¼ of a small avocado.
- 100g of flavoured tuna (low-fat) with 4 water crackers.
- 1 small slice of fruit cake (40g).
- 1 cup of roasted chestnuts.
- ½ a toasted bagel with baked beans.
- ½ a cup of mixed dried fruit and seeds
Detox your body
Drop a dress size diet
Save and share Healthy winter eating
Want to share this diet plan with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.