Date Cookies Recipe - How to Make Date Cookies
|Photo: Date Cookies (Chef Osama)|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Date Cookies Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Date Cookies.
¾ cup butter, soften
¾ cup sugar
2 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
5 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup warm milk
½ cup heavy cream
2 cups date
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sesame
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon sesame
- Preheat oven to (200 – 400) degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla, continue beating.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix milk and cream in a separate bowl.
- Add flour gradually to butter mixture alternating with milk.
- Knead dough until soft and silky.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes.
- Puree dates with oil in a food processor, mix in sesame.
- Divide date paste and roll like a robe or a cylinder.
- Divide dough into two parts.
- Roll each part into a log or a rectangle.
- Lay the date cylinder down the center of the dough.
- Bring dough around the dates and press to enclose completely while rolling it.
- Press dough gently, cut with a sharp knife into slices.
- Arrange a part on a cookie sheet.
- Beat egg yolk and brush the top of the slices, sprinkle with sesame.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Source: Chef Osama The Good Taste
More from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Fried Semolina Pastries
Sweet cheese and cream rolls
znood al sit
Mamool, Mamoul, Maamoul, Mamool Cookies
Save and share Date Cookies Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.