Falafel with Tabouli, Harissa and Sauce Recipe
|Photo: Falafel with Tabouli, Harissa and Sauce Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Falafel with Tabouli, Harissa and Sauce Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Falafel with Tabouli, Harissa and Sauce.
Falafel and sauce
3 cups of chickpeas, soaked for at least 24 hours
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
1/2 cup of spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1/4 teaspoon chopped chilli
1 egg, optional
2-3 tablespoon flour
Tabouli (Serves 4 – 6 people)
2 cups bulgar / cracked wheat
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, washed and roughly chopped
1 cup of mint leaves, washed and roughly chopped
250 g tomatoes, halved, seeded and chopped
1 red onion peeled halved and finely sliced
Juice of 1 large lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
Harissa (makes 160g)
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1-teaspoon sea salt
1 large garlic clove, peeled
5 long red chilies, stems removed and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Pita breads toasted and split open to stuff
Falafel and sauce:
1. Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours or over night in plenty of fresh cold water, and then drain well.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs, add the egg and blitz for a further minute or two.
3. Allow to stand covered in the refrigerator for two hours. Then mould in to flat balls between two soup spoons pushing them from the spoon into hot sunflower oil (about 170 degrees) and cook until a dark golden colour. Drain on absorbent paper until required
1. Wash and process the bulgar as directed on the packet until soft. Drain and refresh under cold water, and drain well again.
2. Mix the garlic, parsley, mint and onions in a bowl, and then add the chopped tomatoes.
3. Drain and add the burghul and lemon juice, and combine. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Place the cumin seeds and sea salt in a mortar and pound to combine.
2. Add the garlic and pound to a paste. Add the chopped chilies and continue pounding.
3. Pour in the white wine vinegar, followed by the olive oil, and pound until combined. This sauce is best used straightaway and can be made as and when it’s needed. It will keep for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container. When re-using, allow the sauce to come back to room temperature.
More from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Chickpea and herb falafel
Adopted from Lifestyle Food
Save and share Falafel with Tabouli, Harissa and Sauce Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.