Lebanese Lentil & Chard Soup (Adas bi Hamoud) Recipe
|Lebanese Lentil & Chard Soup (Adas bi Hamoud)|
Time: 35 minutes
Adas bi hamoud is a traditional Lebanese lentil (adas) soup that is made with chard, potatoes and lots of lemon (hamoud). What you get is a naturally gluten free vegan nutritious, delicious and satisfying meal for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
1/4 C Brown Lentils
3 C Filtered Water
1 Medium Potato
1 Medium Yellow Onion
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Sumac
2 Handfuls Chard, chopped (stems included)
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
1 Lemon, juiced
Lemon wedges & Fresh ground pepper, to serve
- Add lentils and water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add diced potato, onion and chopped chard stems (save leaves for later) to the lentils and let it come back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt and sumac and cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes until potatoes and lentils are well cooked but not mushy.
- Remove fron heat and stir in chard leaves and lemon juice and season with fresh ground black pepper. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve hot with extra lemon wedges and fresh ground pepper to taste.