Ramadan kaak recipe
Recipes by Nadia
Last Ramadan was my first as a married woman. I had a menu for the entire month set two weeks before Ramadan even started! My husband was skeptical about what I planned to cook for dessert on the third day. I kept telling him that once he had a taste of my Ramadan kaak, he’d lick his fingers right after it. Let’s just say, he has never doubted my cooking skills since. Adopted from kiri Arabia.
Servings 11 | Cooking Time 15 mins | Preparation Time 30 mins
You can use the special clip to decorate the cookies instead of the maamoul molds.
6 Kiri square portions
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon cardamom (ground)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup of butter
1 cup of yogurt
Icing sugar (for garnish)
For the dip
5 Kiri cheese squares
1/2 cup of crème fraiche
1/2 cup of mashed dates
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the Kiri squares in the doigh maker with flour, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder and yogurt.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture. Mix all ingredients to get a nice homogeneous dough.
- Let the dough sit in the bowl for 10 minutes then divide it into small balls.
- Put the dough in the maamoul mold then place the cookies in a plate distantly and bake them for 10 minutes until golden.
- Mix the mashed dates, crème fraiche and cinnamon in the blender.
- Add the Kiri squares and mix the ingredients until you get a date dip.