|Photo: Ghraybeh Recipe|
Ghraybeh (Flour Cookie), these delicate cookies melt in your mouth. The incredible blend of ingredients ensures the freshness and taste. Ghraybeh is available in Arabian dessert restaurants.
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon orange flower water
- 30 blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, and semolina and set aside. Beat the butter for at least 10 minutes until it is fluffy. Then beat 2 more minutes while sprinkling in the blossom water and confectioners' sugar. Fold in the flour mixture gradually. Then refrigerate the soft dough in covered bowl for about 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut into 1 inch sided diamonds and place them 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Then place an almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Do not over bake. Let the cookies cool for at least an hour. The are best served after they have cooled for several hours.