Kaak Bi Haleeb (Milk Cakes)
Special dessert Kaak Bi Haleeb (Milk Cakes) recipe from Zahle - Lebanon usually made for Easter.
- 500g flour
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp powdered aromatic plants (wild cherry seed, marjoram, aniseed)
- Mix the flour, yeast, aromatic plants and gradually add the olive oil and melted butter.
- Dilute the sugar in the milk and add to the mixture.
- Knead the dough, and allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Shape flat cakes about 7 cm in diameter and 1 cm thick. They can also be stretched in the shapes of bracelets thick as a finger.
- Bake in medium oven after preheating it at a high temperature.
- Once the kaaks are baked, you can dilute 2 tablespoons of sugar in half a cup of milk and dip the top face of the cakes in it, then sprinkle them with sugar. Allow to dry a bit before serving.