- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of each: turmeric, hot chili, black pepper, cinnamon and cardamom powder
- 3 medium tomatoes or 450g, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups or 375ml water
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
Heat oil in a large saucepan, and brown chicken on all sides, remove and set aside.
Add onions and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until onion is golden brown.
Add garlic and spices and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, lemon juice and MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes. Bring to boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Return chicken pieces to the pan, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Serve with cooked rice
Cooking Tip: add ½ teaspoon dried oregano to enhance the flavor.