Easy and delicious Lebanese vegetarian recipe for Baba Ghanoush dip. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make the best Baba Ghanoush cold appetizer dish. It is also spelled baba ghanouj, baba ganoush, baba ganush which is a Middle eastern dip or spread made of roasted eggplant and tahini. Simply roast the eggplant, scoop out the softened pulp, and then puree with tahini and seasonings. The seasonings used in this recipe for Baba Ghanoush are garlic, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Dip fresh pita bread or cut vegetables into the Baba Ghanoush for a healthy snack. you may want to try using more tahini. Also, the amount of lemon juice and garlic is adjustable to personal taste; start small and add more as you go.
3 large eggplants
4 cloves garlic, or to taste
1/2 cup tahini or less, depending on size of eggplants
juice of 3 lemons, or more to taste
1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
2 tsp finely chopped parsley
few black olives or 1 tomato, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Cook the eggplants over charcoal or under a gas or electric broiler (sear until skins are black and start to blister with the flesh soft and juicy, rub skins off under cold water taking care to remove any charred particles, then gently squeeze out as much of the bitter juice as possible).
- Crush the garlic cloves with salt. Mash the eggplants with a potato masher or fork, then add the crushed garlic and a little more salt, and pound to a smooth, creamy puree. Alternatively, use an electric blender to make the puree.
- Add the tahini and lemon juice alternatively, beating well or blending for a few seconds between each addition. Taste and add more salt, lemon juice, garlic, or tahini if you think it is necessary, and if you like, a little cumin.
- Pour the cream into a bowl or a few smaller serving dishes.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and black olives, or with a few tomato slices. Serve as a mezze (appetizer) with Arab or other bread, as a salad, or as a party dip.
Save and share Baba Ghanoush Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.