Hummus with Yogurt
If you area watching your weight, this is a great recipe for you. This easy hummus with yogurt recipe replaces most of the traditional tahini with yogurt.
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained (save liquid)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini, or low fat peanut butter if you prefer (optional, but if you do not use, increase yogurt by 1 Tbls
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or as desired)
- }Chopped parsley
- In a food processor combine beans, tahini (if desired), yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice. Blend well. Add salt and cumin and blend to a smooth and creamy dip.
- If your hummus is too thick, add a little bit of the liquid from the chickpeas - about a teaspoon at time. Other ways to thin out hummus is by using warm water or olive oil also.
- Garnish with parsley and beans.