Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 pkg (about 1 lb) cubed fresh butternut squash
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and smoked paprika
- 1 cup plain couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and cook 5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Add broth, tomatoes, squash, raisins, cumin, cinnamon and paprika. Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in couscous and peas and bring to a boil. Cover, remove skillet from heat and let stand 5 minutes.